- Wig-Wags Series
Stephen Woodworth to Teach Civil War Command and Leadership
On August 19, 2009
I just registered for my next course: Civil War Command and Leadership. Here’s a quick summary: “a study of national, theater, and operational command structures of the Union and Confederacy, the leadership styles of key military leaders on both sides, and the evolution of command and control in the war. Major themes include the relationship between the commanders in chief and the generals who led the armies in the field, the relationships between the generals themselves, and the ways in which the relationships described above either served to facilitate or debilitate the causes those commanders served.”
I am VERY excited about the professor, Steven E. Woodworth!
- Ph.D., Rice University, 1987
- Professor of history at Texas Christian University
- Author, co-author, or editor of twenty-seven books you can view here
- Two-time winner of the Fletcher Pratt Award of the New York Civil War Round Table (for Jefferson Davis and His Generals and Davis and Lee at War)
- Two-time finalist for the Peter Seaborg Award of the George Tyler Moore Center for the Study of the Civil War (for While God Is Marching On and Nothing but Victory)
- Winner of the Grady McWhiney Award of the Dallas Civil War Round Table for lifetime contribution to the study of Civil War history
I’ve added a new page on my bookshelves to show the booklist for the course as it stands today which you can access here.
Tagged with: American Civil War • Civil War Command and Leadership • Dallas Civil War Round Table • Davis and Lee at War • Fletcher Pratt Award • George Tyler Moore Center for the Study of the Civil War • Grady McWhiney Award of Merit • History Book Awards • Jefferson Davis • Jefferson Davis and His Generals • New York Civil War Round Table • Nothing but Victory • Peter Seaborg Award • Steven E. Woodworth • Texas Christian University • While God Is Marching On